Friday, November 4, 2011

Shakespeare Project

Just some simple project ruminations...

At first, I got to thinking that Spanish Translation had to take a part no matter what in the final project that I am going to do with Shakespeare. I still think that I am going to continue this work, but I have been captivated by the idea of the Shakespeare Art Gallery and would love for that to take its place. Mason and Cassandra and I have been chatting about how this will work, and it sounds like a blast; we are about to start working on the ideas to 'finalize' it.

My initial ideas:

I would love to try to experiment in Mixed media, and also do some piano composition. I am not extremely well-practiced in art at all, and making anything at all would take a lot of time; that would certainly make it worth it. I am anxious to see what others are thinking about the "gallery" as well. I guess it is just time to throw a bunch of ideas out there. Thanks  Cassandra for the offer to support with resources!!!

I guess some questions are:

1. how will we combine our interests?
2. how much art are we looking at?
3. what are the objectives?

... what else?

I was thinking I could start researching possible locations for all of this to take place?




2 comentarios:

Mason said...

Hey eric,
Thanks for your comments, and idea's on your blog, those are all really good questiongs. I made a post on my blog giving some more ideas if you want to check it out.
What did Cassandra say about your mixed media idea.

Also your piano idea is cool. A lot of time galleries have a cycle of music playing to go along with the art, you could record something and we could keep it playing possibly.

Cassandra said...

Maybe you could make a mixed media piece that goes with the piano music...that way these would go together. Like how Mussorgsky composed "Pictures at an Exhibition" about different pieces that he saw. Whoa, it would be really cool if you could compose stuff about the artwork that would be exhibited...but that would be pretty intense.

I am about to post a blog about some of my ideas for the project, so you can check that out as well.