Wednesday, September 7, 2011

First Impressions

Everyone who seems to know what they are talking about revere Shakespeare as a sovereign of English and even world literature. I have never quite been able to understand the reasons behind that, myself. I have been exposed to Shakespeare briefly in Elementary School, a little more in High School when I participated in the play Macbeth, and also marginally in college courses in introductory literature. I have, however, never been quite aware of the factors that apparently make this man's work among the impressive pieces of the history of literature. I am fascinated by the global extent of his work and am curious about the reach and the scope that he enjoys; I am anxious to find out just how large of a prestige he enjoys across the world. Here in this blog I undertake the project of researching Shakespeare's influence in the Hispanic World.

0 comentarios: