Friday, October 28, 2011

Global Shakespeare Sharing

First off, I admit I have enjoyed
becoming much more technologically literate through my BYU Shakespeare class. It started off with learning how to create and modify a blog (including modifying blogger templates with HTML), then how to use RSS feeds and cool sites like Google Reader, and recently how to connect to others that are talking about the things that I am also interested in.

A few weeks ago, I made a breakthrough discovery
of a group of professors in Spain working exactly on the topic that I was most interested in. They together had published a book about Shakespeare in Spain, which I have been thoroughly enjoying. I sent an ambitious email to one of the editors (in Spanish), hoping for a response, or help to direct my research further. It appears that perhaps I was a little too ambitious in this hope.

Later, I loved searching through twitter
and commenting on tweets, even creating an account so that I could engage this type of communication. After several days it appears that I was a little too hopeful that I would receive any feedback in this technological realm too. Keeping my hopes up, still.

I have been enjoying blog searches
to find people interested in Richard II. At first, about a two weeks ago, I searched through blogs with Google and attempted my commenting there. Interestingly, I found several blogs that fascinated me and coordinated with my own research. Several of these blogs would not allow me to post anything (I think they were blocked?), while the one that did has not yet responded.

This is all okay;
I feel like I am much more aware of how to connect to people and that knowledge is valuable. The next step is to use a more accurate blog-search engine (I'll start with icerocket) and we'll go from there. Stay tuned!

0 comentarios: